John wrote Drafting Limited
Liability Company Operating Agreements in 1998 because, at that time,
business people had begun forming LLCs at a rapid rate (a trend which has
steadily intensified since), yet there was no available comprehensive LLC
practice manual for lawyers or accountants.
The book remains the only such manual on the market. Its key components are:
- A series of nine chapters on key issues relating to LLC
- 23 model operating agreements and other forms and model
provisions (most of them generic but several key ones specifically designed for
use under the Delaware LLC Act) necessary or useful in forming LLCs;
- Section-by-section commentaries on these forms to explain how
to use them and how to alter them for particular clients and purposes;
- Bibliographies of books and articles on LLC law and
- A glossary of LLC terms of art;
- Numerous practice checklists.
The book is updated at least annually
and usually twice a year.
CLICK HERE FOR A DETAILED TABLE OF CONTENTS OF THE BOOK.