Start Your California LLC Business in just a Few Minutes
For as little as $0 + State Fee
Included In All LLC Packages
- Verify Company Name Availability
- Preparation & Filing of Articles
- Next Business Day Processing
- Registered Agent Service (1st Year FREE)
- Lifetime Company Alerts
- Online Order Status Tracking
- Free Business Tax Consultation
- Lifetime Customer Support
- Online Access to incorporation Documents
Business Entity Search In California
If you’re planning to search for business entities in California, there’s no better way than to do so with the California Secretary of State website. When you search on the site, you’ll be able to find the following:
* Limited Liability Partnerships (LLPs)
* Limited Partnerships (LPs)
* Limited Liability Companies (LLCs)
Searches can be easily done using the number or name of the LLC or company in question. The site also makes it very easy since it’s the perfect search tool for inputting name availability. Within the Business Entity section, you’ll be able to perform just about any amount of free business searches.
These searches can be easily used to aid with finding public information about various LLCs within the state of California.
Reasons To Conduct A Business Search
There are several reasons on why anyone would want to find more information on LLCs. The following are some of the most common reasons why these searches are performed:
* To determine the status of an LLC in question
* To attain more information on the Service of Process
* To find the contact information of a business
* To determine the conversion date, the formation date or the registration
* To find contact information for registered agents
How To Successfully Conduct An LLC Search
When it comes to searching for an entity, you can do so using their name. The following tips will ensure that you have the best results:
* Remove punctuation within the name (Periods that follow initials)
* Punctuation should be removed for group initials. You’ll need to enter “XYZ” if you’re searching for “X.Y.Z. Company”
* Ensure that you keep the spaces within the same. You’ll enter “X Y Z Company” instead of “X. Y. Z. Company”
* Be sure to keep all plurals when conducting these searches. So, if you’re looking for “XYZ Services” you should enter it just like that for the best results.
Certificates, Copies Of Documents, Or Status Reports
After you’ve successfully found the information that you’re looking for, you’ll probably need to generate a status report, obtain certificates, or even get copies of documents. In some instances, you may need to get a Certificate of Status, this simply shows the current status of the LLC. You can even obtain a certificate that certifies that no records of the business entity that you looked for exist, this is known as the certificate of No Records.
Additionally, the following documents can also be obtained in both certified and uncertified versions:
* Formation and registration documents
* Amendment documents
* Termination documents
* Statements of Information
When you’re obtaining status reports, you can easily obtain them to indicate the following detailed information:
* File number
* Full business name
Steps For Conducting A Name Search To Form An LLC
Before you can form your LLC in California, you’ll need to enquire if the name is unused. The database of the state should be combed to ensure that your desired name is available. The following steps can be used when conducting a search:
* Visit the Secretary of State Business Search page
* Choose the LLC/LP Name
* Next, you’ll need to enter the 12-digit number or the name
* Lastly, you’ll need to click “search”
If your results indicate that there is a company with the name that you were hoping to use, you won’t be able to build your LLC with it. The name of your business should be distinguishable from every other business of LLC name that already exists. It should be noted that you can’t use other names that are similar to what’s already out there since it easily misleads the public.
So before you settle on a name, it’s advised that you search for both LP and LLC Corporation or Name just to be on the safe side. This ensures that your name is distinguishable from others. However, before you settle on a name, don’t forget to review the guidelines for creating a name within California.
Before you form your new business, it’s essential to have all of the details of other entities, so make sure that you use the search tools to your advantage.
Finding a Good Domain Name
Finding a good domain name for your business is a great idea, but can sometimes be tricky without the right tools. We recommend using the Business Name Generator tool from The Really Useful Information Company.