Business Entity Search In Indiana
The State of Indiana business entity search is a comprehensive solution for all business filers that
need to search for up-to-date information about the local businesses. It provides information for
corporations and Limited Liability Companies registered in the state of Indiana. To file a business, it’s
recommended to go through the Inbiz database using specific search strings to review relevant
details associated with your Indiana LLC business. It’s best to run an advanced search checking for
something as simple as an available business name type with Inbiz before making an
official request to the Indiana Secretary of State.
Search Using a Business Name
1) This is the most common option available to those who
are using the State of Indiana business entity search page. In this case, the idea is to take the business
name type you are going for and typing it into the database. To do this, you
are going to head over to the Inbiz website. This is going to allow you
to type in the business name type in the top left field. You can make
adjustments to the search by going over to the Advanced Search section on Inbiz.
Once happy, click Search to move onto the next step.
2) At this point, you are going to be cited a list of business name
that include the words you have searched. Go through these results until
you find the business entities that you are interested in. Click the business ID
number to learn more about the business entity.
3) The final step is to go through the business details that have
been made public including the expiration date, filing history, street address,
and other relevant information.
Searching Using Filing Number or Business ID
1) On the official website, you will be asked to put in the filing number or business ID. Fill in
this field based on the information available to you.
2) The database will take the filing number or business ID and run it
through the system. Please note, all of the search results will only be
associated with the ID or filing number given. Click the number in blue to
check the remaining results.
3) The database will ask for you to
review the information that is readily available to the public. This is
going to include information such as the name, expiration date, filing
history, and street address associated with the incorporators.
Searching Using a Registered Agent Name
1) To start, you are going to head over to the State of Indiana business entity search website. From this
point, you are going to type in the Registered Agent Name in the
relevant field before clicking Search.
2) The next page will show a list that includes the
registered agent that was typed in before. Look for the business ID
number in blue before moving forward.
3) The final page is going to ask you to go through the relevant
details for the State of Indiana business. This is going to include information such as
the addresses and names of the incorporators, filing history, expiration
date, and more.
Searching Using Principal Name or Incorporator
1) Start by heading over to the website. Here, you are going to type
the principal/incorporator name in the search field before clicking
2) The list of results will show each entity that is associated with
the principal/incorporator name. From here, click the business ID
3) The final step will be to go through the relevant business details
that are readily available to the public such as the business names, business filing
history, and/or addresses to name a few.
Searching Using Name Availability
1)From the main website, you are going to type in the Indiana business name in the top left field
before clicking Search.
2) When a business name is available, it is going to be noted on the
next page. If there are issues about infringing upon another
filing, those names are going to be listed for you. This
means it is required for you to make changes to the name before running
Indiana Secretary of State
Indiana Secretary of State website-https://www.in.gov/sos/
Indiana Secretary of State hours –8:00am – 4:30pm (Monday-Friday)