Nebraska LLC Registered Agent
Before you can successfully file for your Certificate of Organization in the state of Nebraska, you’ll need to select a registered agent for your LLC. If you didn’t already know, a registered agent is a person who is responsible for accepting all the legal mail for your LLC in Nebraska. One of the main reasons to hire an agent is so that you’ll always know on time if you’re getting sued.
Simply put, a Registered Agent in Nebraska will also be the main contact point between your LLC so that you can receive payment reminders, tax notices, and even other important or legal documents. However, your registered agent should have a street address as opposed to a PO box. All Registered Agents should be available during the regularly scheduled business hours if ever you’re receiving a Service or Process. These include summons, complaints, or subpoenas.
Who Can Be The Agent For Your LLC In Nebraska?
If you’re forming an LLC you’ll have three options. These are as follows:
* Option 1 involves you acting as the registered agent for your LLC
* Option 2 involves either a close friend or a family member becoming your Registered Agent
* Option 3 usually revolves around hiring a commercially registered agent
How Will I Know Which To Choose?
– If you’ve got your own address in Nebraska, and you’re able to be there from 9 am – 5 pm, then you can be the registered agent for your LLC.
– If for some reason you’re not in possession of your own street in Nebraska, then you can easily ask your family member or friend to act as the LLC agent. However, they’ll need to be available during the previously mentioned hours.
– In the instance where you do not have friends or even family members in Nebraska, then, you’ll need to hire a Registered Agent.
If for some reason you’re concerned about privacy even though you have your own address, hiring a registered agent is the best option.
Commercial Registered Agents
How can I keep my address off of public records:
If you didn’t already know, most businesses tend to start from the owner’s home. Due to this, it’s essentially important to understand that the address you list on your Certificate of Organization will be listed on public domains. They’ll even be able to be found on google searches if need be.
So, if you’re thinking of keeping your address confidential, you’ll need to hire a registered agent. Registered agents will ensure that your info is secured as they allow you to use theirs on your Certificate of Organization. So, if you’re looking for something with no additional costs, then Northwest Registered Agent is perfect for you; they’ll allow you to use their address for a small fee of $125 each year.
In the event that your LLC receives any mail, it will be scanned and securely uploaded to the online account that you have with them. If for some reason you’re concerned with the risks that are attached to using a friend, family member, or even an agent, it should be noted that there are some involved. However, there’s not much possibility that any of them will ever occur. In the odd case where they do, you run the risk of losing your LLC protection.
One such instance is where your LLC is unreachable in the event that you’re getting sued, you will lose your good standing with the state. As such, your LLC might be shut down or dissolved. If for some reason the process of server cannot reach your LLC, the court will process to conduct a case even though you are absent. The worse thing about all of this is that judgment can be passed without you being there to even defend yourself.
The following are some of the most common reasons why your agent was unreachable:
* Your family member, friend or even you were not there during regular business hours.
* They or you were on vacation
* You changed residence and didn’t file for the Change of Registered Agent in Nebraska
When you hire a registered agent, you’ll be freer and it’s one of the most reliable plans for your LLC. Hiring a registered agent will ensure that you never miss a family vacation again and the best part is that they’ll ensure that compliance is kept. You’ll never miss any of the upcoming reporting requirements for your LLC.