Professional Registered Agent In Colorado
Included In All LLC Packages
- Helps Preserve Your Privacy
- All Correspondence Forward to Your Private Personal Address
- Email and SMS notifications
- Permanent Physical Address in the State
- Stay On Top of Important Deadlines
- Automatic Mail Forwarding
- Helps Manage Documentation From the State
- Digital Dashboard to Store Important Documents
- 1st Year Free with Incorporation Service
Everything You Need to Know About a Colorado Registered Agent
The primary job of a registered agent is to accept legal documents of your company on your behalf. He is the point of contact between your LLC and the Colorado government. A Colorado registered agent collects documents like tax notifications, compliance information, and legal summons if someone decides to sue your company.
How to become a Colorado Registered Agent?
Anyone can become a Colorado registered agent, provided he fulfills certain conditions of the state. In fact, you can also become the registered agent of your own Colorado LLC. Here are some of the conditions that you need to fulfill:
- You should be at least 18 years or older.
- You should have a physical address in Colorado, and your business must also have its address in this city.
- You should be available to collect official documents in person within standard business hours.
Some people think it’s better to become the registered agent of their own business because it helps save a lot of money. True enough. But you need to devote your time to collecting essential documents within your working hours. This may hamper your attendance in crucial business meetings. Therefore, it is best if you hire a professional registered agent. These experts are aware of their responsibilities and would take care of your company’s paperwork without you instructing them. It leads to lower risks of misplacing official documents or missing important meetings that may expand your business.
Apart from becoming the registered agent of your LLC, you can also select one of your company members to do the same job. But remember, he should also fulfill the conditions above. There are two methods to electing a member as the registered agent of your business: mail and online.
Online submission – Fill out the registered agent form and pay the fees to proceed. You must provide your company’s Certification of Formation while filling out the elected registered agent’s details.
Mail submission – Download the registered agent’s form and fill it out manually. Submit the copy to the Office of the Judge of Probate, along with the fees and your company’s Certification of Formation. It takes 7 to 10 business days for the office to get back. Once you get the approval, your nominated member can become your LLC’s registered agent.
Benefits of hiring a Colorado registered agent
In addition to collecting crucial documents, there are many more benefits of hiring a Colorado registered agent.
- You can provide the local registered office’s address instead of giving yours to anyone who needs to send legal documents. This is very helpful for entrepreneurs operating their business from home.
- The registered agent provides real-time information updates and report reminders.
- Apart from hard copies, the registered agent also scans and uploads essential documents online. You can access these documents anytime, anywhere.
- The registered agent delivers your documents on the same day, irrespective of the weather conditions.
Changing your registered agent
Suppose one of the members of your LLC is a registered agent. But he can’t balance both the jobs efficiently, and you want to hire someone else. The Colorado government allows you to change your registered agent in three simple steps.
- Fill out the Department of Revenue’s form regarding the request for a change in a registered agent.
- Fill out the details of your new registered agent and pay the fees.
- Take the consent form from the new registered agent and submit it online.
You won’t need to submit your LLC’s Certification of Formation while changing your registered agent.
Check out the top Private Registered Agent Services.
Requirements of Colorado registered agents
The Colorado State Code requires all registered agents to have a physical address to accept service of process, including summons and business documents. The registered agent’s company should be open during standard working hours, and the agent should promptly deliver the received documents to the clients as soon as possible.
Hire your registered agent at the best price
Hire your registered agent at the best price
Colorado registered agent FAQs
All LLCs and corporations doing business in Colorado must appoint a registered agent. You may wish to choose one of your LLC’s members as a registered agent or hire one of the registered agent service companies operating in Colorado.
The amount varies from person to person. Usually, it ranges between $030 and $50 every year. You should compare the rates of different companies before hiring one.
The registered agent delivers essential official documents and uploads them online to keep them safe. You can access these files even if you lose the original documents. Most importantly, you don’t have to split your time to collect documents and attend business meetings. Let the professional handle the job of collecting official paperwork on your behalf.
Hire a registered agent in Colorado right away to let go of the trouble of handling crucial legal documents alone. It not only saves time but also gives you peace of mind.