Professional Registered Agent In Hawaii
Included In All LLC Packages
- Helps Preserve Your Privacy
- All Correspondence Forward to Your Private Personal Address
- Email and SMS notifications
- Permanent Physical Address in the State
- Stay On Top of Important Deadlines
- Automatic Mail Forwarding
- Helps Manage Documentation From the State
- Digital Dashboard to Store Important Documents
- 1st Year Free with Incorporation Service
Why Do You Need To Hire a Registered Agent in Hawaii?
Many people think that starting a business means going through a series of complicated stages. But with Hawaii LLC Formations around, it’s just a matter of blinking your eyes. You can start your business just by following the steps the experts ask you to follow. It doesn’t involve any complications, and you can start your business as soon as you receive your Certification of Formation. Once you receive this certificate, you should hire a registered agent.
A registered agent goes by many names: resident agent, statutory agent, commercial registered agent, or service of a process agent. It is a must-have for businesses because it saves you from the headaches of collecting confidential documents alone. Your registered agent in Hawaii accepts these documents on your company’s behalf. According to the Hawaii state laws, every corporation or LLC must have a registered agent to collect and accept the legal summons.
Responsibilities of a registered agent
A registered agent in Hawaii has the following responsibilities:
- Receive legal mails –The primary job of a registered agent is to receive your company’s legal mails. Many call this job as “service of process.” In addition to accepting these mails, the registered agent in Hawaii should also submit the documents to you within the same day or at the earliest.
- Government correspondence –Your registered agent acts as the link between the government agency and your LLC. He handles all government correspondence alone and delivers the summons within the shortest possible time. The Hawaiian government requires every LLC to list their registered agent on their business formation documents since he is responsible for handling the mails of your business identity.
- Maintain deadlines –Hiring a registered agent is just as important as receiving your LLC’s Certification of Formation. A responsible registered agent ensures that he submits all confidential documents in time so that you can maintain your deadlines. Moreover, his service puts your mind at peace. You don’t need to worry about missing documents because he is in charge of keeping them safe.
Requirements to become a registered agent in Hawaii
The conditions to become a registered agent are almost the same in all the states in the US. You can hire a professional, appoint a member of your LLC, or become a registered agent alone, provided you fulfill the following conditions:
• You should be at least 18 years or more to apply for the post of registered agent.
• Your physical address should be in Hawaii. If you are applying on your company’s behalf, your LLC address should also be in the same state.
• You should be available to collect official documents in person during standard working hours.
It is wise not to appoint yourself as your LLC’s registered agent. First of all, you don’t have experience in this job. You need to go through a training course that may eat up your time that you would otherwise spend in expanding your business. Secondly, you need to devote your working hours to collecting official documents. This means you may be unavailable for office meetings. You cannot afford to miss these meetings if you have bigger plans for your LLC.
Why hire a professional registered agent?
You may think that a registered agent doesn’t have any other work apart from collecting official paperwork. That isn’t the case at all. Hiring a registered agent has the following benefits:
You don’t need to share your company’s address with others. Instead, you can give the address of the registered agent’s agency. This is very helpful for people who run their businesses from their homes. The public record won’t have your home address for sending legal documents. Everyone will send packages to the agent’s address. This gives you much-needed privacy and avoids strangers coming to your place to deliver paperwork.
Imagine not leaving your home to collect documents from the post office. You already have someone collecting everything and delivering the same to your office every day. It not only saves your journey but also frees your time to think of how to make your business successful. You can focus on important stuff to make your business bigger instead of allotting your time to collecting documents that sometimes don’t add value to your LLC.
What if someone sues your company? Would you want your employees to know about it immediately? It would send them in panic mode. That’s where a registered agent can deliver the summons discretely without anyone knowing what has happened.
Now that you know why hiring a registered agent in Hawaii is important, find the right person for the job immediately to save the trouble of doing the work alone.