Professional Registered Agent In Iowa
Included In All LLC Packages
- Helps Preserve Your Privacy
- All Correspondence Forward to Your Private Personal Address
- Email and SMS notifications
- Permanent Physical Address in the State
- Stay On Top of Important Deadlines
- Automatic Mail Forwarding
- Helps Manage Documentation From the State
- Digital Dashboard to Store Important Documents
- 1st Year Free with Incorporation Service
Everything You Need To Know About an Iowa Registered Agent
Every corporation or LLC in the US, except New York, must hire a registered agent. That means if your company is in Iowa, your state isn’t an exception. And honestly, it is a relief to have a registered agent taking care of your official documents that come by mail. You don’t need to think of collecting them personally or involving one of your LLC members to do the same job. It keeps you available for important board meetings where you can plan on how to expand your business.
Moreover, an Iowa registered agent ensures that you get your official documents on time. He is responsible for collecting summons if someone sues your LLC. And most importantly, he does his job discretely. It is embarrassing if someone gives you the news of suing in front of your employees. The registered agent understands this emotion and would never make any confidential information public. He not only collects legal documents on behalf of your LLC but also receives tax notifications and compliance information.
Electing a registered agent in Iowa
What if you don’t want to bear additional expenses by hiring a registered agent? You can always nominate yourself or elect a member, friend, or colleague, whoever you can trust with this job, as the registered agent of your LLC. But make sure you receive your company’s Certification of Formation before electing anyone. Here are two methods of electing a registered approved by the Iowa government:
Visit the official website of Iowa’s Secretary of State to fill out the application for a registered agent. It will ask for the registered agent’s name, contact information, and address. You also need to provide a scanned copy of your Certification of Formation. Pay the fees once you finish filling out the form. The Secretary of State will get back to you with approval for your registered agent within a few days.
You can send the application to your Secretary of State via mail. Download the registration form from the website and fill it out properly. Attach your company’s Certification of Formation and pay the fees while sending the mail. Submit your application to the Judge of Probate. Their office will respond within a few days with the approval of your registered agent.
Why hire a professional registered agent?
Becoming a registered agent or electing a member from your company to collect official documents on behalf of your LLC may save money, but you may not be able to devote as much time to your business as you would like. It is wise to hire a professional because registered agents are aware of their job and fulfill their responsibilities to perfection. Here are a few more reasons you should consider hiring a professional instead of choosing someone from your team to do the same job.
- Privacy – Suppose you are running an online business from your home. It isn’t wise to share your home address with everyone to who you expect to send mails. Hiring a registered agent would mean providing his office address as your mailing address. This makes your home address private as the registered agent would eventually deliver your mails to your address without sharing this piece of information with anyone.
- Discretion – As mentioned earlier, a registered agent delivers your documents discretely. Even if someone sues your LLC, the registered agent will deliver the summons without breaking the news in front of your employees. This saves you from the embarrassment of confused looks and a long line of questions that you may not want to answer immediately.
- Reliability – A registered agent not only brings your official documents but also your peace of mind. You don’t need to worry about delivering or receiving important paperwork or summons. The registered agent will take care of everything without your instructions. He also sends compliance reminders to run your business better and maintain the reputation of your LLC.
- National coverage – Starting a business in Iowa doesn’t mean you can’t spread your business to other parts of the country. The registered agent will continue to provide his services even if you grow because he has national coverage.
Becoming a registered agent in Iowa
There are no strict regulations to become a registered agent in Iowa. This makes it possible for anyone to become one irrespective of their position in a company. Here are some of the conditions that you or your nominated member must meet to become a registered agent:
- You should be at least 18 years or more.
- Your physical address should be within Iowa.
- You should be available in-person to collect official documents within the standard business hours.
While becoming a registered agent may seem a cost-effective plan, you should hire a professional if you want to dedicate your time to your business instead of collecting its official documents.