Professional Registered Agent In Minnesota
Included In All LLC Packages
- Helps Preserve Your Privacy
- All Correspondence Forward to Your Private Personal Address
- Email and SMS notifications
- Permanent Physical Address in the State
- Stay On Top of Important Deadlines
- Automatic Mail Forwarding
- Helps Manage Documentation From the State
- Digital Dashboard to Store Important Documents
- 1st Year Free with Incorporation Service
Why Should You Hire A Minnesota Registered Agent
Starting a business doesn’t need to be a complicated ordeal. When you work with LLC Formations, you’ll get all the help you need for a smooth transition process. By trusting LLC Formations Minnesota, you’ll be putting your business needs in the hands of a multitalented team to get you up and running and you’ll even be able to easily hire external help such as attorneys and others. Read on as we dive into everything you need to know about a registered agent in Minnesota.
What Is A Minnesota Registered Agent?
While starting an LLC in Minnesota is easy, you’ll need to have a registered agent on your team. Registered agents simply act as the main contact point between your LLC and the state. Your registered agent is also in charge of receiving compliance information, and any tax notifications that are delivered for your LLC.
Besides, they will also be able to accept on behalf of your LLC, a service of process. However, these are only issued if you’re going to be sued and your agent will accept the summons for you.
Can I Be My Own Registered Agent In Minnesota?
Within the state of Minnesota, you can act as your own agent. You can also opt for an LLC member or even a personal friend or family member to act as your agent. However, the following conditions must be met:
- Registered agents should be over 18 years
- They should have a physical address
- Agents are required to be available during regularly scheduled business hours
Besides those mentioned, you can also hire the professional services of a registered agent. The main disadvantage of this is that you’ll be spending some cash to hire them. When you use these services, you’ll be able to successfully avoid legal trouble since you won’t be responsible for losing any of the important documents that can come your way.
In essence, you’ll end up saving time and some money in the future.
Should I Use A Minnesota Registered Agent Service?
Hiring these services is entirely up to you but there are tons of benefits if you do. The following are the main advantages of hiring a Registered Agent Service:
- Privacy – Since your agent’s address will be used on all of your public records, you can finally be at peace. This is a huge benefit if you’re planning to run the LLC from your home and you need some privacy.
- Convenience – If you’re thinking about becoming your own registered agent, you’ll need to ensure that you’re available during regular office hours. When you hire a professional service, you’ll be able to keep your schedule open and as flexible as you desire.
- Discretion – If for some reason you end up being sued, your agent will take care of this and notify you in the most discreet way possible. Now, you’ll never need to worry about tarnishing your reputation in front of your clients and employees.
- Peace Of Mind – A professional agent will even notify you of changes needed to keep the LLC in good order and they’ll also periodically remind you of compliance issues. Since you no longer need to worry about this, you can focus both attention and time as your make your business an even bigger success.
While there are many advantages, there is also one main disadvantage. This is as follows:
- Cost – When you hire a registered agent, their services tend to be somewhat expensive.
How Do I Change My Registered Agent In Minnesota?
These services can be easily changed if you desire. This can be done through the online medium found on the Minnesota Secretary of State site. However, there’s a small $55 filing fee attached for doing so. Instead of the online route, you can also file a physical copy with the office but don’t forget about the fees attached.
Before you can select your new agent, you’ll need to ensure that your agent has already signed consent if it’s applicable. If for some reason you don’t find that this step applies to you, there’s no need to worry since it isn’t necessary for all states.
Hire your registered agent at the best price
Hire your registered agent at the best price
Registered Agent FAQ
All states within the United States are required to have LLC registered agents except New York. These highly skilled individuals also go by the names resident agent, agent for service of process, and statutory agent.
As previously discussed, you can act as your own registered agent. However, the following must be met:
- You’re required to be over the age of 18
- You should have a physical address within the state of Minnesota
- You should make it a priority to be available during regular business hours
As we conclude, we have just looked at what a Minnesota registered agent is. Registered agents bring along several benefits when you get past their initial cost. If you’re thinking about forming an LLC, hiring an agent might be in your best interest!