Professional Registered Agent In North Dakota
Included In All LLC Packages
- Helps Preserve Your Privacy
- All Correspondence Forward to Your Private Personal Address
- Email and SMS notifications
- Permanent Physical Address in the State
- Stay On Top of Important Deadlines
- Automatic Mail Forwarding
- Helps Manage Documentation From the State
- Digital Dashboard to Store Important Documents
- 1st Year Free with Incorporation Service
Everything You Need To Know About The North Dakota Registered Agent
Starting a business can be quite a challenging ordeal. When you work with LLC Formations North Dakota, you’ll soon realize that they’ve got your best interest at heart. LLC Formations is being widely trusted for their groundbreaking work among clients and for their winning team that goes above and beyond for your business. Read on as we dive into everything you need to know about North Dakota registered agents.
What Is A North Dakota Registered Agent?
Registered agents in the state of North Dakota are responsible for being the contact point between the state and your LLC. These registered agents are responsible for receiving your compliance information and your tax notifications. Registered agents also accept service of processes on your behalf if ever you’re being sued.
Can I Be My Own Registered Agent In North Dakota?
If you choose to act as the registered agent of your LLC, you can freely do so. However, you can even appoint an LLC member, a friend, or a family member as long as they meet the following requirements:
- Over the age of 18
- Possesses a physical address within the state
- Available during regularly scheduled business hours
While some people choose to be their own agents, another viable option is simply hiring a registered agent service. The main disadvantage of this is that it’s quite expensive and costs more than if you were to be your LLCs agent. The upside to such a cost is that you’ll be able to save yourself from legal implications and even avoid future fees.
Should I Use A North Dakota Registered Agent?
The choice of hiring a registered agent in the state of North Dakota is entirely up to you but there are a ton of benefits that you can gain from. These are as follows:
- Privacy – Since your registered agent’s address will be publically listed, you’ll be able to run the LLC from your home if you desire and no one will ever know.
- Convenience – If you’ve decided to become your own agent for your LLC, you’ll need to keep a clear schedule so that you can receive important documents during business hours. When you hire a professional service, you’ll finally be able to have that flexible schedule that you’ve always dreamed of.
- Discretion – Businesses all face their ups and downs and there just might be an instance where you’ll be sued. If this should ever happen, your registered agent will handle things calmly and discreetly. This saves you public embarrassment in front of your customers and employees.
- Peace Of Mind – To be successful, your LLC will need to have all of its compliances updated. Your registered agent will send a notification whenever these change and your LLC will remain in good standing with the state. This allows you to spend more time on your daily business routine.
- National Coverage – If for some reason you decide to take your business to another level, you may want to expand to other states. With a registered national service, you’ll be able to continue as usual without too much hassle and stress.
The main disadvantage of hiring a registered agent is as follows:
- Cost – Hiring an agent will cost more than if you did the job for yourself.
How Do I Elect A Registered Agent In North Dakota?
After completing the Articles of Organization in the state of North Dakota, you’ll be able to select your registered agent. The Articles of Organization is widely considered as being the main legal forming document in the state.
Electing A Registered Agent by Mail
Forming an LLC can be done online, as well as in-person, and by mail. If you’re interested in forming by mail, you’ll need to download the Articles of Organization form. However, there’s a $135 fee attached to this method.
After completing the form, you’ll need to submit a physical copy to the Secretary of State and you’ll be asked to provide information about your registered agent.
How Do I Change My Registered Agent In North Dakota?
Changing your registered agent within the state is an easy process. To do this, you can simply fill out the form and then submit it via the postal service or in person if you prefer. If you’re intending to change the registered agent for your LLC, you’ll need to pay a $10 fee.
Upon appointing the new agent for your LLC, you’ll need to have a signed consent form from the agent. Depending on your location, this step might be slightly different from another state.
Do I Really Need A Registered Agent In North Dakota?
Yes, all states require LLCs to have a registered agent. Registered agents are also known as the statutory agent, the agent for service of process, or the resident agent.
As we conclude, we have just looked at the North Dakota Registered Agent. Registered agents will always serve as the contact point between the state and your LLC. If you’re worried about the cost to hire an agent, you should consider the many benefits that come with hiring an agent!